SHARPTAIL MEMBER TODD BAIER'S PUDELPOINTER - GUNNR

Photo by Dave Shumway http://www.daveshumway.com/

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Details are all coming together for our June Test. Chukar and Pheasants have been arranged for both the Test Weekend (June 18 & 19) and a Mock Test at the Training Camp. I know Mike has been busy arranging Judges. I talked to Wayne Stegmeier at The Golden Triangle Bird Dog Club, they will loan us their trailer full of tables and chairs for the event. Greg Bahny has offered up a large Wall Tent for events as well. We'll have to figure out the "Mock Test Fee" to cover bird costs (I'm assuming it will be about $45.00 per dog for the Mock Test.) We've also located a source for ducks that can be delivered to a few different places around the state..please contact me if you are looking for ducks.

Our first Training Camp is set for Three Forks just a month from now...Pigeons will be a priority...stop by your local Grain Elevator / Feed Supplier and get creative....See if they will let you catch them....or offer to pay a couple bucks apiece - a hundred birds can add up to some good money for a teenager....

We'll have to rely on the "collective resources" of the club to get up and running for both tests and training days until we can put all the resources together for the club to buy all the necessities. Please use this weblog and or email to other club members to "brainstorm" all required needs - I'll get it going here:

Testing and Training-

Chukar Crates (I've got 4 chukar/quail type)
Duck and Pheasant Crates
Bird Bags (I've got a couple, we need several)
Duck Boat (Open Cockpit Kayak Type Prefered - although a Canoe would work)
Decoys (mine are at my hunting shack next to my canoe - not sure if I'll be there before we need them.
Heeling Stakes/Blind
Break-Open 12 guage (This shouldn't be a problem)
Poppers and Live Shells
A Variety of Bumpers (Again an Easy One, Unless Forgotten)

Training-

Pigeons, Pigeons, Pigeons
Launchers (I've got 2 DT's, adding 2 Dogtras soon - access to a couple more DTs)
(Does anyone have a pheasant sized launcher?) (Higgins Release?)
Pistols/Blanks
Check Cords
(Portable Training Table?)
Anything Else????????????
Oops, I almost forgot to mention we need Pigeons

1 comment:

  1. Still working on pigeons. Have a source but at $3.50 each it's a little spendy.

    My list of training equipment available to the club.
    1- pheasant size Dogtra launcher
    1- quail size Dogtra launcher
    2- LCS launchers
    2- manual release bird traps
    2- Higgins release traps
    1- extendable tracking pole for NA track
    1- bird bag
    2- wire bird cages
    pistol & blanks
    floating duck decoys

    I can bring any or all of the above.
    Let me know.

    ReplyDelete